Sunday, June 4, 2023

My Funny Valentines Layout

I love pre-done watercolor designs on scrapbook papers, but it seems I can seldom find one that's exactly what I need, so I decided to purchase some watercolor paper and paints to start experimenting on my own. The current challenge to "Get Messy" over at Challenge YOUrself seemed like the perfect opportunity to break out these new supplies and see what I could do. I used red and yellow to create the background for this layout, and while it's not exactly what I was hoping for, it's a start. Hopefully I will improve with more practice!

Recipe:
Whooo's Your Valentine stamp set
May/June 2022 Mix-In & Dreamin' Big papers
Juniper & White Daisy cardstock
Watercolor paper
Juniper, Slate, Goldrush & Sunny Yellow ink
Black marker
Watercolor paints (Artists' Loft)
Everyday Life journaling card (Scrapbook.com)
Color Kaleidoscope stickers (American Crafts)
Red ribbon (Offray)
Medium heart punch (EK Success)
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: title, banner, tag
Cricut Artiste cartridge: funny
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge #84

Challenges: Challenge YOUrself #113 Get Messy!

3 comments:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I love that you made your own background with water colors! It looks great! I usually sneak my daughter's Crayola watercolors whenever I want to paint with them on a layout. ha ha Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Ooooh, what a fun 2-page layout, Cheryl! Your "messy" background is perfect and I am so happy that you got to experiment with paints and watercolor paper!!! I love how you incorporated so many wonderful family photos on your pages. It is beautiful and touching! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

Tracy P said...

Great job on your background! It turned out great! Love all the photos too and that it's a double layout. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself.