Monday, June 26, 2023

Water Lane Layout

I really wanted to use some patterned papers I bought to scrap my London trip from 2017 (I've only been working on it six years - LOL!), so I skipped ahead to the Tower of London. These photos were taken just inside the Tower's entrance, at historic Water Lane, so named because it used to be right on the banks of the Thames until Edward I filled in part of the river and created the Outer Ward. We took some great photos at the Tower, but the one of my hubby with the Yeoman Guard (a Beefeater) is one of my favorites!


When I put it in the album, this layout will also include a Flip-Flap with two additional photos (St. Thomas' Tower and the Traitor's Gate) that will cover the journaling, so here they are:


Recipe:
Limited Edition, Make It Count, Distressed Backgrounds & Stipple Plaid stamp sets
Once Upon a Time paper (P13)
Candy Apple, Sapphire, Mist, Almond & White Daisy cardstock
Candy Apple, Sapphire, Mist, Almond & Slate ink
Grey Fineliner pen (iBayam)
Wood heart & arrow
Bamboo Bigger Brad
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: banners, tag
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge #95

Challenges: Heart's Quest Challenge Blog # 32 Travel + Love/hearts; Double Trouble #141 Something, Anything, Everything (Thing 1 = anything goes + Thing2 = played along with previous partner Cupcake Inspirations #572)

There's grey in there, too, but hopefully that's okay!

8 comments:

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

This is a marvelous 2 page spread with an exceptional layout sketch! Well done with mapping it out so exactly! I love it all--the circles, the hearts, the travel photos, text, colors, etc.!!! (You need to find other challenges to link this too!!! It needs to be shared with more groups/blogs!) Thanks for doing this for HQCB!! --Becca

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Cheryl, even though it's taken six years to create this portion of your trip, isn't it wonderful to pull up those memories again and now documented on a couple pages... beautiful layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble, along with entering in Heart's Quest and Cupcake Inspirations two of our previous partners for additional chances at our random draw.

Kellianne said...

What a fun memory captured in your beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble! :)

Melanie R said...

Fabulous page of memories, Cheryl! The United Kingdom is a great place to visit and you've captured many details with your great layout. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #141. -- Melanie R.

Donna Scholz said...

Cheryl, what a wonderful memory page you've created! I see no problem with it taking six years to get to this point,,, I'm guilty of the same thing, but then that means I get to re-live the adventure all over again once I start putting my scrapbook together!! So glad you had a wonderful trip, and that you shared it with us here at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Sasha said...

Gorgeous layout and beautiful use of the colours red, white, and blue! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations, have a great weekend!

Sasha DT Member/CIC

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE your layout. What great papers you used on this. I still haven't scrapped my whole London trip either and I think we went the same year!!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenges!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations

Revati.p said...

Beautiful layout. Love the colors. Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Have a crafty day!

Revati DT Member/CIC