Saturday, April 19, 2014

Greatest Adventure Layout

I absolutely love Susan Stringfellow's sketches (possibly even more than I love my own), and have been looking for a way to use one. So jazzed by the way this layout using her Sketch 116 turned out! I followed her basic plan and kept adding fun embellishments until it looked done. And yes, I was able to use pink on a boy layout and I don't think it's too girly. What do you think?
Recipe:
Dotty for You Level 2 papers
Kraft, Sky, Lagoon & White Daisy cardstock
Lagoon, Sweet Leaf & Hollyhock ink
Sky, Sweet Leaf, Creme Brulee & Black markers
My Crush Best Day Ever letter stickers
My Crush Besties journaling card
You & Me chipboard pennants & polka-dotted shape
Sweet Leaf brads
Antiqued Copper designer brad
Lagoon baker's twine
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: flower, flourish, shaped rectangle
Pattern: Sketch Saavy #116
Challenges: Child's Play Sand Art challenge (I was inspired by the colors of the sand); Lasting Memories It's the Little Things That Matter challenge (I scrapped an everyday moment that reminded me how great it is to be a mom)

11 comments:

Denise Pustelniak said...

Not girly at all! Great job with the sketch! Love all the embellies!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

KarenB said...

What a wonderful everyday moment to scrap. I love the colours you chose - and I agree that there's always a place for a bit of pink on a layout, even for boys!

Sharon Madson said...

Who would have thought you could use pink for a guy! This is a great LO, pink and all! TFS

Heather M said...

Great layout! Love the embellies! Thanks for playing with us at Child's Play Challenges!

Denise Price said...

Beautiful job using the colors from the sand art. Thanks for playing along with CPC!

Jane said...

Great take on our challenge and I love that you have used everyday photos to inspire you. Thanks for playing along at CPC with us.

Steffanie said...

I completely see the colors from the sand art translated into your adorable page. Well done! Thanks for playing along at Child's Play Challenges!

Devra said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by Child's Play Challenges. I love your LO and totally see the colors of the sand. Hope to see you playing with us again.

TantiK Creation said...

You are very brave using pink on a boy layout. And it's not looking girly at all. I think I should try it on my own page too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Child's Play Challenges.

Susan Stringfellow said...

what a cutie! Great layout and I am so sorry I didn't see it until now. I am a bit behind in emails. Thanks so much for sharing!

Deanne Saunders said...

How sweet!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHILD'S PLAY challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper