Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Mammals Layout

There's a really cool mammal exhibit at the Natural History Museum, and I pulled out papers from two different retired paper packs (Roxie & Expedition) to scrap my photos. Combined with a handy sketch from Sketch 'n Scrap and a journaling card from my Later Sk8r Picture My Life pack (that just arrived in the mail today - woohoo!), they created a bold setting for these nature-themed photos. My final touch was the Color-Ready Trinkets wooden shapes that also arrived today. Although you can color these, I elected to keep them plain since they matched my layout so well. I can tell I'm going to have lots of fun with these cute shapes in the near future!
Recipe:
Extreme Caps stamp set
Roxie & Expedition Level 2 papers
Champagne & Chocolate cardstock
Vellum
Olive & Chocolate ink
Olive pigment ink
Clear embossing powder
Later Sk8r PML journaling card
Color-Ready Trinkets Wooden Shapes
Natural hemp
Eyelets (Making Memories)
Pattern: Sketch n'Scrap #55
Challenges: Lasting Memories Earth Day celebration

4 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

Love your layout! I especially LOVE the animal prints, so fun! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Michele said...

Oh love how you layered your photos and papers! Colors are perfect. And those little wooden pieces are super cute. I would leave them plain too! This is great Cheryl. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week. :)

Denise Pustelniak said...

Perfect memory to showcase!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

KarenB said...

I love your choice of patterned papers for this layout. Fabulous theme for our Earth Day challenge, thanks so much for joining in!