Wednesday, April 23, 2014

SCS Variety Challenge 203 - Frosty Fun

Time for another Variety Challenge for Splitcoast Stampers. Click on the link below to join in the fun!

SBVC203 - Viva La France
Using paper strips or ribbon and brads or buttons, create a French memo board to house the pictures and journaling on your layout. Not sure what one is? Here’s a link to some examples.

I started with the arrangement of the pictures and then added embellishments, tucking them under the ribbons like I would ephemera on a real French memo board. I really love how mine turned out because it reminds me of an eclectic bulletin board with lots of fun stuff to be discovered.
Recipe:
Take Note, Pair-a-Phrase, Alphabet Solos "H" & "O", January Word Puzzle & You & Me stamp sets
Elemental Level 2 papers
Cranberry, Pacifica, Honey, Chocolate & Black ink
Cranberry, Pacifica, Honey, Sky & Black markers 
Cranberry grosgrain ribbon
White Daisy Bigger Brads
Cranberry brad
Decor Journaling Spot
Cranberry baker's twine
All the die-cuts were from my box of left-overs, so I'm not sure which cartridges I used!
Challenges: Lasting Memories It All in the Colors (I colored in the stamped snowman and tag, and drew doodle lines on all the snowflakes)

4 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

Cool idea. What fun examples, too. Yours is great!

KarenB said...

Cheryl, I love your layout - great theme, and very clever style of scrapping. I never knew that kind of board was called a French memo board. I learned something new today!

Denise Pustelniak said...

I love this! This looks really COOL!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

ClaireR said...

oh wow! What a great idea for a double layout, I LOVE it. It looks exactly like a memo board. I'll be adding it to my scraplifting pile :) Thank you for joining us at lasting memories, hope to see more of your creative layouts.