Friday, April 25, 2014

No Offense Layout

This layout is so totally different from my usual style! I am not a one-photo, everything but the kitchen sink kind of scrapper, but I had a story to tell so I tried something a little out of my comfort zone. Heart 2 Heart's  April scrapbooking challenge is to "Laugh It Up" by scrapbooking one of our funniest memories. I decided to memorialize my younger son's habit of saying "No offense, but . . . " and then proceeding to say the rudest things, thinking it was okay as long as he started with "no offense!" Fortunately, he's grown out of it, but it was rather hilarious in a horrible way while it lasted.
Recipe:
ProPlayer Level 2 papers
Black, Outdoor Denim, Ruby, Slate, Buttercup & White Daisy cardstock
Black, Outdoor Denim  & Ruby ink
Black marker
White gel pen (Sakura)
My Crush Best Day Ever Assortment
Burlap ribbon
Outdoor Denim baker's twine
Ruby Chevron washi tape
DE Snapshots chipboard (frame)
Milepost Shapes (star, arrows, shaped square)
Silver brad
All shapes were originally cut using one of my CTMH Cricut cartridges, but since I found them in my leftovers box, I don't know which piece came from which cartridge.
Pattern: Sketch 'n Scrap "Inspired By" #4
Challenges: 1 2 3 Get Scrappy tic-tac-toe board.
I chose the top row across, but when I pulled out my long-neglected chalks, I couldn't find any applicators, so I got creative and applied blue chalk to the clock and a grey lining to the cloud using my finger. Not the effect I was hoping for, but it has inspired me to go shopping tomorrow for chalk applicators!

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Kids! They do the funniest things sometimes. So glad you could tell this story for him to remember when his child does something as funny! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What an adorable LO. Love the colors,journal, and cute pic. Fantastic take! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Isbaha said...

Love the masculine feeling to your layout, you did an amazing job ! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch-N-Scrap !

Kerry said...

How wonderful to document a phase in your sons life that now won't be forgotten and can be laughed upon in the future! Great take on the sketch and what a sweet photo too! Thanks for sharing your wonderful page with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Darcy said...

I made this bigger so I could read what you wrote, I was hoping to see what he said! I hope you have some hidden journalling on there somewhere for him when he grows up! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Sura said...

Great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap. Surama

sue said...

I just love your story!! And that smile so matches it!! Great layout! Thanks for joining our challenge at 123 Get Scrappy :)

Tammi said...

great page and what a cute story!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at 123 Get Scrappy!!

Majo said...

Very gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at 1-2-3 Get Scrappy!

DebR said...

Great LO..and story :-) I can remember when my kids used to say crazy things too.
Thanks for playing along with our Scrapbooking Challenge at Heart 2 Heart.

Kelly said...

Amazing take on the Inspired By sketch and loving those boy colors! Great story and awesome title too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Tanya said...

I love it! The page and the story!
My daughter does it the other way- says anything good or bad and ends with "no offense..." HA!

Jen said...

Awesome layout! Loving your colors and embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful layout!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Scrap!!! :) Evie

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Cute layout and little boy! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap.

Lynne said...

Gorgeous boy page!! Thanks for joining us at 123 Get Scrappy!!

Elina Stromberg said...

Love how you have documented your daily life in this layout <3
Great details, such a cute photo!
Thanks for playing with us at 123 Get Scrappy!

Lizzie R said...

wonderful boy layout! Love all the little layers and details! Great job! Thanks for joining us over at 123Get Scrappy! Hope to see you back again for our next challenge!

Brandi said...

I am with you, I am not a 1 picture a page kinda gal but sometimes the story is more important than pictures and I love the story. This is a story you are going to love that you saved as you get older! Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges!