Sunday, March 8, 2020

Moving on Up Layout

My previous two layouts featured photos from our snow trip to Mt. Baldy, so today I'm going back in time and showing you how we got there - on the ski lift! I also went back in time and snagged an older sketch I created for Splitcoast Stampers, and I used that for the foundation of the design. This was always a favorite sketch of mine because of the tilt (that's something I seldom do), so it was fun to work with it again. My final "back in time" was the stickers and patterned papers I used. The papers have been in my stash since 2007 and the stickers since 2008. so hopefully I was able to give them an updated look on this layout.
My scanner still isn't working so pardon the uneven lighting in this photo of my layout!
Recipe:
Magnolia papers (MME)
Kraft, Fern, Cashmere & White Daisy cardstock
Cranberry, Fern, Cashmere & Cocoa ink
Brown marker (Zig)
Open House Holiday stickers (CM)
Escape the Ordinary & Hello Friend Thickers (American Crafts)
Enamel & Glitter Duos - blue dots
Cricut Design Space: title using Lemon font
Pattern: Splitcoast Stampers Sketch15May1
Challenges: The Paper Girls 1#95 - glitter (I avoided the whole "to glitter or not to glitter" controversy by using enamel dots with glitter inside them - all the sparkle and none of the mess!)

1 comment:

Brittany M. said...

You made me giggle with the "to glitter or not to glitter" comment, because I love glitter without the mess too! Glittery enamel dots are the way to go! I'm loving your layout and sketch too, the tilted pictures really goes well with the ski lift themed ride! So fun. Thanks for joining us Paper Girls and our Glitter challenge!