Thursday, March 26, 2020

Snowboarding Layout

I usually avoid papers that feature a large pattern because I have no idea what to do with them, but I couldn't resist this cool paper with a scene of a snowy slope, perfect for scrapping photos of my son snowboarding with his dad. I found a layout on Scrapbook.com that showed a creative way to use the paper, so I ended up pairing it with this awesome snowboarding phrases paper and a little bit of glitter paper to add some bling! A die-cut banner with the title stamped and embossed on it, plus a few fun die-cut pieces completed the scene. Hope you enjoy the finished product.
Recipe:
Newsprint Alphabet stamp set (2004)
Snowboarding Mountain left & Snowboarding 2 papers (Scrapbook Customs)
Glitter paper (Recollections)
Crystal Blue, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Crystal Blue & Versamark ink
Black marker
White embossing powder
White Daisy brads
Black baker's twine
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: banner, tag
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: snowboarder, snowboard, snowflake
Pattern: Scraplift from Scrapbook.com gallery
Challenges: Retro Rubber Challenges #131 Tic-Tac-Toe board (I chose the middle row with embossing - die cut - twine)

5 comments:

Willa Jean said...

What a great layout! Love the papers!

Jan Clothier said...

My goodness! What a fabulous scrapbooking page! The black and white paper contrasts so fabulously with the snow scene. Of course, the wonderful pictures really bring it to life. You've used the tic tac toe board so well in this page. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Neva Cole said...

What a great way to use our challenge. I have a number of Scrapbooking Customs papers as well. You used the bling and banner in such a creative way! Thanks for coming by and playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Claire Grantham said...

Great layout and a wonderful way to interpret our challenge, we rarely see scrapbooking layouts, so this was a treat. I love the photos. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

creative lady said...

Great layout, I love how you were able to use the layout with our challenge. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.