Monday, March 23, 2020

Sweet Humphrey? Layout

For these photos of my son's hamster Humphrey (named after the one in the Humphrey book series), I included hidden journaling because I wanted to share my true feelings about this horrible pet but didn't want to hurt my son's feelings, but while I was scrapping this, my son came into the room and said, "Oh, is that the hamster that bit my finger?" Guess he wasn't as fond of Humphrey as I thought!
And here's where the journaling card is tucked away:
Recipe:
Atomic Caps stamp set
Color Kaleidoscope papers (American Crafts)
Almond & Lagoon cardstock
Lagoon, Citrus Leaf, Saddle, Chocolate & Black ink
Pure Brown marker (Zig)
PML Tabbed Journaling card
Milepost Shapes corrugated cardboard
Sunset baker's twine
Color Kaleidoscope Thicker & puffy stickers (American Crafts)
DIY Shop cork arrow (American Crafts)
Field Notes Journaling Ephemera (American Crafts)
Oh Happy Day Bits & Pieces ephemera (Simple Stories)
3-D foam tape
Cricut Artiste cartridge: Humphrey
Pattern: Sketches in Thyme #413
Challenges: Lasting Memories #490 Texture (used a cork arrow, puffy stickers, corrugated cardboard, and baker's twine); The Studio 5-4-3-2-1- challenge.  (I used 5 patterned papers including the hearts which were fussy cut from one piece of patterned paper, 4 printed die-cuts, 3 photos, 2 pocket cards, and 1 arrow)

6 comments:

Tracy F said...

This is so cute! Great mix of papers! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

Joyce Ann said...

Hi Cheryl! So good to see your lovely layout over at SIT, thanks for joining us! Great job with your pictures.

Unknown said...

How cute this is and great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories and Sketches in Thyme! ~Deanna :)

Tammy Folk said...

How stinkin' cute is this! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Michelle Mattie said...

Such a cute page. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges.

Lori said...

Oh my word - I had a hamster when I was a kid and they are not that great of a pet! Your layout is super cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories and at The Studio Challenges! -Lori DT