Saturday, July 4, 2020

Joy of Sets Challenge #19 + Dad Layout

Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Americans! Hope you have a safe and enjoyable celebration with friends and/or family. There's a new challenge board over at Joy of Sets, so feel free to amp up the fun by incorporating a column or row into your crafting! I chose the middle column with paper tearing, sponged ink, and jewels for this layout featuring photos of my dad. I didn't start scrapbooking until I had been married for a while, and my parents had moved out of state by then, so I don't have a ton of photos of my dad to scrapbook. These ones were extra fun because my dad is a retired electrical engineer who worked on several space missions, so he really appreciated the space exhibits we saw at the Science Center.

And here's the board:

Recipe:
Let's Wander paper (American Crafts)
Kraft & White cardstock
Desert Sand ink
Moonstruck marker
Cork Color-Ready alphabet stickers
Field Trip ephemera (American Crafts)
Clear sparkles
Challenges: The Library Challenge #62 (I was inspired by the night sky on the cover, so I added some sparkles to the blue watercolor paper on my layout to create a starry sky)

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Such a fabulous layout Cheryl - when we lived in Houston hubby loved to go and visit Nasa - it became our favourite place to visit.

Marina said...

This is lovely and I do like the night sky and space theme. Thanks for joining The Library.