Monday, July 13, 2020

Resurrection Sunday 2015 Layout

This layout was a bit of a challenge for me! I started with different papers and hated how it looked, so I ripped the photos off and started over. Still not sure I love the result (it's a little plain), but I am thankful the memory is scrapped and in my album. I tried to convey the transition from Good Friday to Easter Sunday by using stars and crosses for Friday and the risen sun and empty tomb for Sunday. Hopefully the idea came across okay.
Recipe:
Craft On patterned paper
Carolina, kraft, Chocolate, Honey, Sweet Leaf, Desert Sand, Clover & White Daisy cardstock
Carolina, Chocolate, Desert Sand & Sweet Leaf ink
Brown marker
White gel pen (Sakura)
ShinHan Touch Twin markers
Color Kaleidoscope puffy stickers (American Crafts)
Opaque Matte texture paste (Ranger)
Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil (Stampers Anonymous)
Cricut Design Space: title using A Child's Year font and basic shapes
Cricut New Testament cartridge: crosses, tomb
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tab, stars
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: sun
Pattern: scraplift from Scrapbook.com
Challenges: Bitten By the Bug In the Stars AND  The Paper Girls #203 Star & Stripes inspired me to add stars and stripes to my project, even though it's not a July 4th theme); Scrap With Stacy July Tic-Tac-Toe board (I used the row with stencil, journaling, kraft)

8 comments:

Denise S. said...

Nice layout and I like it when the photos are the main focus. The transition from Good Friday to Easter was a nice touch. Thanks for joining us on Bitten by the Bug 2.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Lovely layout! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2!

Dorlene Durham said...

This is a nice layout. I love the cuts you used and the occasion/photos. Sometimes when I feel my layouts need a little something extra, I'll splatter either ink in small areas, add enamel dots or pick a stamp and stamp it multiple times in the same spot for a little bit of umph. I don't know if that makes sense but just a little tip. Thanks for joining the challenge at the Bitten By The Bug 2 site. Dorlene DT BBTB2

Caroline said...

Beautiful job! I love the simplicity of your layout and the focus on the pictures! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

moknowsall said...

As always you’ve got a great layout to share. Love your creative genius. Thanks for joining us at bitten by the Bug2

Kim said...

Great layout. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

you managed to get a lot of cuts from different carts on this fantastic layout! you rocked it! thank you for sharing with us at BBTB2 for our Stars challenge. Up now is cute critters, hope to see you again!

Alicia

Connie Can Crop said...

You did a beautiful job. I love the tomb. It is so pretty. I’ve used those crosses myself. Thanks for entering our challenge and good luck! Connie@BBTB2