Sunday, October 24, 2010

LOAD #24 - Cousins

Today was quite a day. Between getting ready for another open house, attending church, going to the pumpkin patch while we were banished from our home, and getting home to find the open house was still going strong (an hour after it was supposed to finish), I have not had a moment to scrap. Plus I'm all out of photos (one of the hazards of scrapping every day) and I did not get more pictures sent to Costco to be printed. Woe is me! I did not get a layout done yet today, and it may not happen. But I promise I'll catch up tomorrow. LOADies, please post your layouts and I'll add mine after I get photos developed.

*****Friday******
Well, I promised I would get this layout posted days ago and it just did not happen. Sorry! At last, I have it ready to go, so here it is. I was inspired by a layout created by Michele (Chelemom) at Splitcoast Stampers. She was the featured scrapper last week, and we were challenged to scraplift a layout. I love the look of her layouts, but I have a hard time doing all the layers, so this was quite a challenge for me. I finally decided to use layers but not worry about the eclectic style part. All my papers and stickers are from the same paper collection and they all look like they match, but I think that's okay. Hopefully it shows how you can find inspiration from anyone's style, no matter how different from your own. Here's the page I scraplifted: They Are Why I Scrapbook



Recipe:
Picture Perfect & Simple Stitches stamp sets
Animal Cookies Level 2 & Creative Basics papers
Animal Cookies My Stickease
Creme Brulee, Tulip & White Daisy cardstock
Tulip & Dutch Blue ink
Irresistible Lots of Dots stickers
3-D foam tape
Scalloped border punch (Fiskars)

5 comments:

Linda Norman said...

http://scrappytherapy.blogspot.com/2010/10/load-24-studio-j-member-exclusive.html

I am sorry to hear about your hectic day! Sound like you had a great open house though!

By the way thanks for the well wishes, they worked! I am feeling much better and actually finished the rest of my LOAD for the month today!

awjmgmom said...

Thanks for keeping it real. There are just some days that it's going to happen and it's ok to give ourselves a break. I'm enjoying doing this and would like to do it again once or twice a year more to help keep me motivated and caught up with my pics. I pray today is a slower paced day!

Amanda Ross said...

Funny, but I finally got to do a LO yesterday. I picked photos & patterns before church and was able to pick paper & put it all together last night. (Only up to #22 though.) After some MAJOR bookwork today I hope to get one more done and maybe even a 2nd started. We'll see!

Amanda Ross said...

Here it is. On to the next!

http://amandaross.myctmh.com/MyCTMH/MyArt.aspx

awjmgmom said...

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1830166?&cat=500&ppuser=207904

Love the page you added. Left some love on SCS :)