Thursday, May 5, 2011

LOAD #5 - XOXO

I just love having a girly niece to scrapbook! My boys are sweet, but they are all boy, so it's fun to pull out the pretty paper once in a while. For this layout, I used lots of chipboard, and tried to decorate it in different ways. Usually, I'm not very creative with my chipboard, just using it plain or swiping ink onto it directly from a pad, but this time I got creative with stamping, too. I even made some faux chipboard brackets by cutting out multiple brackets using my Wishblade, and then layering the pieces until they were nice and thick like chipboard. The frame around the square picture of Lexi started out as plain white chipboard that I stamped (with Versamark ink), embossed (using clear powder and a heat gun), and then inked (using Tulip and Chocolate ink).



Recipe:
Noted Backgrounds & Boutique Borders stamp sets
Cherry-O Level 2 papers
Chocolate & Baby Pink cardstock
Chocolate, Blush, Tulip & Sweet Leaf ink
White gel pen (Marvy)
DE Monograms "X", "O"
DE Irresistibles Pizzazz
DE Framed Fun
Scalloped border punch (Fiskars)
3-D foam tape

1 comment:

anniegetyourgluegun said...

adorable photos & great layout!
You did a great job with the chipboard too! TFS