Monday, May 9, 2011

LOAD #9 - Even the Animals Came

This layout was a lot more work than I expected, mostly because I couldn't come up with a color scheme that worked with the photos. The bright green shirt, pink scarf, and red/black striped sweater all made it tough to coordinate! I finally decided to just create a background that focused on the theme. I created the star paper by stamping the text image first, then stamped the stars using Versamark ink, which I embossed with clear embossing powder. I then brayered the Dutch Blue ink over it all. The embossed portions stayed clear, leaving me with a starry background and the text for a bit of interest. To see another layout using this technique, check out my Aquarium layout. The layout pattern is "On With the Show" from Magic.



Recipe:
Christmas Story & Shining Star stamp sets
Zippidee Level 2 paper & sticker
Kraft, Dutch Blue & White Daisy cardstock
Chocolate, Desert Sand, Creme Brulee & Versamark ink
Chocolate, Desert Sand, Bamboo, Brown Bag, Dutch Blue, Sky, Honey & Baby Pink marker
Clear, Black & Gold embossing powder
3-D foam tape

No comments: