Saturday, September 7, 2019

EMS Sketch Challenge 77 - Persevere Layout

Time for another sketch, and here's a fun one that might help you use up some scraps you have lying around. I have several large "frames" from when I cut an oversize die-cut from the center of a 12" x 12" piece of cardstock, and I thought it would be nice to put one to use. You can adhere all your other pieces first, and then lay the die-cut frame over the top to cover any rough or mismatched edges. Have fun, make whatever changes you need, and as always, be sure to leave a link to your completed layout in the comments section below!

The sketch:

My layout:
FYI: I realized after I completed the journaling that it sounds like my son had an option to quit kindergarten! That was definitely not the case, but he did have a choice of his daily attitude, so the award was really intended to give him praise for persevering in having a good attitude despite a difficult adjustment.

Recipe:
Friendship Alphabet Small stamp set
Roxie papers
Black, Juniper & Colonial White cardstock
Black, Tulip & Bamboo ink
Black marker
Silver metallic marker
Black gingham ribbon
DE chipboard: Awards
Color Kaleidoscope Thickers (American Crafts)
3-D foam tape
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: frame, stars
Challenges: Lasting Memories #462 recipe - 1 banner, 2 photos, 3 or more chipboard elements, and glittery letters or embellishments (I went with the shiny banner and stars)

3 comments:

Christine Kiehl said...

This turned out really nicely! Love the color combo you chose!

Deanna said...

I like the decorative background with the white penwork. Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

Toni Herron said...

Love this layout, so many details.
Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories - DT Toni..