Tuesday, September 10, 2019

The Truth About Flat Stanley Layout

My daughter did a Flat Stanley Project in 2nd grade where she created a Flat Stanley and mailed it to my sister, who then took a bunch of pictures of Stanley doing all kinds of things, then she mailed it and a journal about their time together back to us. I saved Flat Stanley, the photos, and the journal, and was going to title this layout Flat Stanley, but then I opened up a new stamp set I had purchased and it had the conversation starter "The truth about . . " and that sparked a whole new idea for the layout. I wrote a whole bunch of "truths"' about Stanley based on the photos my sister sent, and added them to a pull out tag on the layout. Really fun to get creative that way, and I hope you enjoy the result!
And here's Stanley with the journaling tag:
Click on the photo for a close-up of the journaling!
Recipe:
Story FYI, Pennant Alphabet, Life's a Jungle, Picture Perfect, A Chocolate Affair, Purrrrific & Highlight Reel stamp sets
Inspirationals stamp set (SU)
Craft On papers
Toffee, Raspberry & White Daisy cardstock
Black, Cocoa & Toffee ink
Black marker
ShinHan Touch Twin markers
Raspberry baker's twine
White Daisy embroidery floss
Cricut Artist cartridge: "Flat"
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 10 (FYI: the large square on the right hand page made a great place for a memorabilia pocket! I layered mine with vellum over patterned paper to get two pockets, one for the journal and the tag, and one for Stanley.)
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart mixed fonts (my title fonts look similar but they're actually created using two stamp sets and a Cricut font)

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I love that you documented the Flat Stanley, so great! The layout is awesome, I love the title and Stanley seems to have gotten around! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Cat Nowak said...

Cute layout! My son's second grade class jut mailed their Flat Stanley so we are waiting to hear about his adventures. Thanks for the inspiration and joining us at Heart 2 Heart.

Alyson Mayo said...

This is the first I have heard of Flat Stanley but it sure looks like he did she travelling. Terrific layout with the mix of fonts. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart :)

Sue Bruch—From my Heart said...

What a great layout featuring Flat Stanley. I remember my daughter taking Stan all over Chicago for my granddaughter...such fun! Thank you for sharing your layout with us at Heart 2 Heart!