Wednesday, September 18, 2019

EMS Sketch Challenge 78 - Summer Fun & Sun Layout

So now that Let's Scrap has stopped creating sketches, I am feeling a need for two page scrapbook sketches. I'm sure they're out there, but not sure where to find them. I decided to fill the void just a little by creating a two page sketch this month. It features 12 photos, but the top circles could easily be converted to cardstock or patterned paper. The 2.5" wide journaling space was sufficient for me, but you could also crop the horizontal photos to create a wider space if needed.

The sketch:

My layout:
Recipe:
Zoe papers
Canary, Lagoon, Smoothie & White Daisy cardstock
Carolina ink
Steel Grey marker (Zig)
Summer Daydreams cardstock stickers (Photo Play)
Field Notes Journaling Ephemera (American Crafts)
Smoothie baker's twine
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: Fun & Sun, Paradise
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart The Little Things (my little things are my kids and the joy they take in simple pleasures!); Use Your Stuff #375 - Tag and/or frames (I chose to go with a little tag on my journaling block, a perfect finishing touch)

7 comments:

Lori said...

This is a fantastic sketch and layout, Cheryl! You don't see two page sketches very often any more and this is a great one.

missgailly said...

Great sketch! Wonderful way to use loads of photos. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Brandi said...

I love it! So fun, and I love the circles with the square pictures, very nice! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Cat Nowak said...

What a fun layout! I love those circles! Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

Melissa Robinson said...

I love your layout and the use of the circle photos! The colors are great as well!

Thank you so much for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

H2H Moderator

Sharon Fontenot said...

I couldn't resist clicking on this fun sketch on the side of your page. I love this. I have so many Jellystone pics to scrap. I may have to put this sketch to use. I have the pics sorted by topic and I think I have a 6 pic packet that would be perfect here. Also the circles across just cry out to be played with!!!!
Sharon Fontenot
higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

Tanya said...

I love this sketch and am so glad I got to use it! Thanks Cheryl!