Saturday, September 28, 2019

Let's Go Fly a Kite Layout

All month I've been meaning to play along with the cartoon inspired sketch from Scrap Our Stash, but I didn't have the right photos until today, when I pulled out some photos for my youngest son's school album. I've already scrapped the center photo once for an ABC album, but I wanted to go in a totally different direction, and the sketch and challenges I played along with offered some great inspiration. Here's my layout:
And here's the sketch challenge that inspired me. As you can see, I went with a green background with yellow highlights, but there are lots of other colors in the inspiration image so I used lots of colors in my layout. I added a book sticker to the journaling block, since my son's book buddies are the ones who took him kite flying.
Recipe:
Colorful papers (KI Memories)
Cranberry & Canary cardstock
Cranberry, Canary, Sweet Leaf & Sky ink
Black & red markers
Color Kaleidoscope Thickers & puffy stickers (American Crafts)
Escape the Ordinary Thickers (American Crafts)
School Days sticker (Boyds Bears & Friends)
My Crush Besties Assortment
White baker's twine
3-D foam tape
Cricut Artistry cartridge: kites
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: frame, spiral bound paper
Artiste cartridge: title
Challenges: Lasting Memories #465 Recipe - use 3 photos, 5 or more paper strips, and small word stickers

5 comments:

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a fantastic page. Love the details and stash use. Thanks for entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Happy Scrapping!

Lori said...

This is a great layout! I love everything about it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrap Our Stash! -Lori DT

Lori said...

You did an awesome job with our challenge at Lasting Memories, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us! -Lori DT

Toni Herron said...

Love this layout, so many details.
Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories - DT Toni..

KarenY Designs said...

You created such a fun layout with all the layered pattern papers and I love the pictures with the kite flying … that brings back some memories!!! Thanks so much for joining us for the September challenge at Scrap Our Stash. -- Karen Y.