Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Dinosaur Fossil Birthday Card

My husband turned 50 today, and to celebrate him reaching this advanced age (I can say that since I am a year older - LOL!), I made a dinosaur fossil birthday card for him. I found the die-cut of a T-rex head in Cricut Design Space for free this week, and it paired perfectly with the American Crafts Field Trip dinosaur skeletons paper. The sentiment is an old CTMH stamp set, and it always cracked me up but I didn't dare to use it on a card until now. Some people might be offended by it, but I know he will just laugh!
 And here's the sentiment I stamped inside the card:
Recipe:
Just a Number stamp set
Field Trip Museum Monday paper (American Crafts)
Kraft, Whisper & White Daisy cardstock
Cranberry & Whisper ink
Cranberry grosgrain ribbon
Cricut Design Space: T-rex head from One-Cut Collection
Pattern: Try Stamping on Tuesday sketch #457
Challenges: 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #38 anything goes with a critter

4 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

What SUPER COOL card, Cheryl!!! The sentiment goes perfectly with the T-Rex skull and the dino paper! You are right, a milestone birthday of 50 years young is the right time to use the the stamp you've been saving. Lovwe how you've worked our Try Stampin on Tuesday into your card, too.Thank you so much for sharing your creative talents with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Heather said...

Cheryl, such a fun card - what a great combo of dies and papers, I really had a laugh! Love these colors, too - so bold! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

JenniferE said...

LOL, so funny! Great card, love the dinosaurs and hysterical sentiment...inside too!

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Try Stampin' On Tuestday
Challenge this time and good luck :)