Monday, May 4, 2020

Mother's Day Card 2020

I needed to get my Mother's Day card for my mom in the mail today, so in between helping my kids with schoolwork, I managed to create this card. I'm not sure how slow the post office service is running, but hopefully it will reach her in time for her special day!
Recipe:
May Word Puzzle stamp set
Oh Happy Day paper (Simple Stories)
Lagoon, Crystal Blue, Canary, Pixie, Raspberry, Heavenly Blue, Kraft, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Lagoon, Crystal Blue & Toffee ink
Crystal Blue & Black markers
ShinHan Touch Twin markers - warm Greg & Golden Yellow
Raspberry baker's twine
Aqua & Flamingo enamel dots
Cricut Artistry cartridge: pink flowers
Cricut Simply Sweet cartridge: butterfly
Cricut Artiste cartridge: cloud
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: yellow flower, banner
Pattern: Stick It Down May card sketch
Challenges: Bitten by the Bug flowers challenge; Use Your Stuff #397 - flowers and/or butterflies; The Paper Girls #199 - Happy May inspiration (I was inspired by the circle and all the flowers. I actually started off with a circle of floral paper, but decided it was too busy with the die-cut flowers on it, so I moved it to the outside and used the center for a blue sky.)


12 comments:

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

OH WOW, any mother would be thrilled with your work of art. So cheerful and "spring" filled---love your paper choices, colors, and little butterfly hovering over the cloud. Thank you for joining us with your beautiful card at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

Brittany M. said...

What a beautiful and bright happy mother's day card, Cheryl! I'm sure you mother will love this! Thank you so much for linking this beauty and playing along with the Paper Girls!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is adorable! Your mom is going to love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Bitten By The Bug 2!

Dorlene Durham said...

Beautiful Mother’s Day card! I love the colors and your mother is going to love it. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By The Bug2. Dorlene DT BBTB2

Denise S. said...

Cute card. She will love it even if the mail is slow and it is late. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

great card! I spied that sketch myself. I think I will use it too. Thanks as always for sharing your beautiful creations with us at BBTB2 Cheryl. Good luck!

Alicia

Caroline said...

This is such a beautiful Mother's Day card and sure to be treasured. I love the bg paper and the sketch that you used. The flowers and butterfly are the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

moknowsall said...

You rock so many fun challenges and sketches. Very pretty card. Happy Mother’s Day.

Alison said...

Fabulous card, love the butterflies in the center. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down.

Heather (goldiecar) said...

This is a lovely card! I love the floral details and the colors. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Girls Challenge Blog! http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2020/05/challenge-199-happy-may-day-image.html

MJ's Kraze said...

Beautiful card. I love the bright colors you used. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
Mandi, card DT.

Monica Maier said...

What a fun springy card, love the colors and flowers. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stick it Down!
Monica- card DT
http://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/