Saturday, May 2, 2020

EMS Sketch 89 + Joy of Sets Challenge #17

This post includes a triple play of challenges! First, I created a new sketch to house a few photos of my son's pug party pinata. Next, I included the diagonal from Joy of Sets' May tic-tac-toe board: birthday, things that fly, and sponging. And finally, since Double Trouble is teaming up with Joy of Sets for this month challenge, I made sure to pick some techniques/items that fit the qualifications for that challenge. Whew, that was a lot of challenges and took lots of thinking, but it was so satisfying to get them all in. Feel free to play along with all these challenges using the links I included, and if you use the sketch, please post a link in the comments to your posted layout.

The sketch:
My layout:
I paper pieced the pug face by hand for another layout but it didn't work out,
so I put it here because I couldn't bear all that hard work to be wasted!
Joys of Sets Tic-Tac-Toe #17
Recipe:
Wide Journaling Block stamp (Scrappy Cat)
Splendor paper pack
Heavenly Blue, Chocolate, Black, Slate, Whisper, Cashmere, Champagne & White Daisy cardstock
Topiary & Crystal Blue ink
Brown marker (Zig)
White gel pen (Sakura)
ShinHan Touch Twin & Gold Metallics markers
Chantilly My Complements chipboard bird
Junebug Puffies butterflies
Decorative circles (from my stash, source unknown)
Dot Fade layering stencil (Tim Holtz)
Cricut Artbooking: branch
Cricut Design Studio: bones, title using A Child's Year font

6 comments:

Debbie DP said...

Love this layout. I wonder if I have any of the Splendor paper pack. It was my all time favorite paper. Happy scrapbooking.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Always love your amazing scrapbook pages and how you bring it altogether...and you actually did Thing 1, 2 at Double Trouble with the Twist and Twist again and of course your DT project at Joy of Sets TTT. Hope to see your entry over at Double Trouble, don't forget we allow backlinking to May 2nd.

Donna Scholz said...

Great layout, Cheryl!!! Looks like a fun birthday party for everyone. Indeed, you managed to creatively work in our Double Trouble challenge parts as well as JOS! Thank you for sharing your wonderful scrapbook page with us this week!!! -Donna

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Cheryl, thanks for sharing.

Melanie R said...

Outstanding scrapbook page, Cheryl! Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #56.

Kellianne said...

Great layout! What a fun memory. I love how you used the Double Trouble Challenge elements in your pages. Thanks so much for playing along with us!