Thursday, December 3, 2020

Sleepy Sunday Layout

Every year when Daylight Savings rolls around, our Sunday school host a Sleepy Sunday event where the kids and teachers wear their pajamas to church and play games and eat breakfast. Since this event is centered around the time change, I cut out a big clock to use on the right hand page in place of the wreath pictured in the sketch I used. The llama paper and ephemera may seem a little random, but it makes more sense when you see the llama themed pocket card I created to go in the photo storage page that will fit in between the two pages of this layout. I also pre-printed my journaling on a photo and it fits in another of the pockets, so I posted that below the layout.

Journaling Pocket card:
Llama pocket card:

Recipe:
Oh Happy Day papers and stickers (Simple Stories)
Lagoon cardstock
Lagoon, Pixie, Raspberry & Black ink
Black marker
Oh Happy Day Bits & Pieces ephemera (Simple Stories)
Lagoon satin ribbon
Raspberry baker's twine
My Happy Place shape sprinkles (Doodlebug Designs)
Cricut Artiste cartridge: clock
Pattern: Stick It Down December 2020 double page sketch (adapted to fit slightly larger photos)

Challenges: The Studio Challenges 5 or More Patterned Papers (5 on the main layout and another one on the pocket card for a total of 6)

7 comments:

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

What an awesome layout, and I love the daylight savings - p.j. idea! Your giant clock wheel is perfect for your layout, and you did such a nice job with all your words, and embellishments scattered about. Your llama paper is adorable. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

Bethany.Roisland said...

I LOVE THE LLAMA! So cute Cheryl! I might have to pass along your "Sleepy Sunday" idea to my church! Such a fun thing for the kids to do!
Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

Attic Inspired Crafter said...

Very well done! Thank you for playing along with the team! Sherry~DT

Lauren said...

Super cute layout! I love the clock die cut and the little llama sticker! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
Lauren

Sdmarch said...

What a creative way to get everyone excited about attending church! Fun layout and clock idea is greee as a for so many themes.

Antonia said...

Oh, wow, I love your colour choice! And I love what you did with the circular diecut! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down!

Tina Campbell said...

Awesome layout and love the clock being used too :)love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us over at Stick It Down challenge blog.
Tina - DT