Thursday, January 5, 2023

A Fine Romance Layout

I was invited to be a guest designer at Time Out Challenges this month, so here is their first challenge of 2023: Romantic! Since my anniversary is in January, I decided to pull out photos from our anniversary dinner in 2017. My hubby took me to the restaurant where we dined the evening he proposed back in 1991. It is about an hour's drive away from where we currently live, and with a bunch of little children in the house, we hadn't been able to make it back very often, so I appreciated his efforts to be sure we had a lovely evening. The restaurant has since closed its doors permanently, so I'm glad I have these photos to remember this wonderful place. If you have romance themed photos to scrap, or want to get a jump start on a Valentine's Day card for your honey, head on over to Time Out to join in this challenge. The winner will receive a $20 gift voucher to spend at Jane's Doodles.



Recipe:
A Perfect Day papers
Black, Toffee, Tulip & Juniper cardstock
Black, Toffee, Tulip & Juniper ink
Heartstrings Complements cardstock stickers
Shape Sprinkles (Doodlebug Designs)
Colonial White ric-rac
Oatmeal grosgrain ribbon (Offray)
Cricut Design Space: title using Thick Typeface font
Cricut Artiste cartridge: large heart
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge #61

Challenges: Time Out Challenges #229 Romance

8 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Cheryl... thanks so much for guest designing with TIME OUT this week. Love the intricacy of your page. I have never scrapbooked but I have to say the pages I see certainly intrigue me. Again thanks for joining and sharing at TIME OUT!

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a fantastic layout! A great take on the theme. Thanks for being our GD at Time Out:)

Quillish said...

Aww.. what a lovely memory and great layout! I love your idea for a layout for the Romantic theme ❤️ and so beautifully done. Happy Anniversary in advance and thank you for joining us as our first guest of the challenge 💕 Hugs ~ Ishani

Nonni said...

This looks wonderful! The feeling of your special anniversary dinner really comes through. I'm sure you had wonderful time! Thank you for being an inspiring GD at Time Out. xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love your page and the story behind it, Cheryl. I am so glad you and your husband got to go back to his place before it closed. What a wonderful memory and you have preserved it beautifully. This was such a perfect idea for our theme. Thank you so very much for designing with us at Time Out! It is a joy to have you with us.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

What a beautiful layout Cheryl...Thank you so much for Guest Designing with Time out this week. Hugsxx Deepti

Kate said...

You've done a great job memorializing that evening! Thanks for taking Time Out as our guest designer!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Bobby said...

I love your layout, Cheryl. When I was scrapbooking I liked more photos and less other stuff like you have done. Glad to have you with us at Time Out.