Sunday, January 1, 2023

The Force Awakens Layout + Lasting Memories #631

I was excited to be invited to guest design for the month of January at Lasting Memories, one of my favorite crafting challenge blogs. Their first challenge for 2023 was "Firsts." Although there are so many ways to interpret this, I decided to scrap a photo of my younger kids and myself at Star Wars: The Force Awakens, because it was the first time any of my kids were old enough to see a Star Wars movie in the theater. Since I only had one photo from this event, I found line drawings of  Rey and Kylo Ren online, printed them out, and colored them in using markers. The journaling is supposed to reflect the opening crawl of the movies, but in black with a yellow background.

Recipe:
Let's Wander Mixed Media paper (American Crafts)
Black & White Daisy cardstock
Sky & Moonstruck ink
Vellum
ShinHan Touch Twin markers
Silver gel pen (Sakura)
Gold Shimmer Trim
Black buttons
Cricut Artiste cartridge: filmstrip
Pattern: Splitcoast Stampers Sketch18Oct

No comments: