Saturday, January 28, 2023

Ashurbanipal's Library Layout

It's been almost a year since I scrapped any photos from our 2017 trip to London, so I though I should get some more done. I would like to see this trip completely scrapped before I die! These photos were taken at the British Museum's Assyrian exhibit. Since I am such a bookworm, I loved seeing King Ashurbanipal's "library to contain all knowledge." Compared to the capacity of my Kindle Fire, his library seemed pretty tiny, but I got a kick out of someone in ancient times loving reading and knowledge as much as I do!

Recipe:
I'd Rather be Reading & Quotable Words stamp sets
She's Magic One More Chapter & Kind Heart papers (American Crafts - Dear Lizzy)
Flamingo, Crystal Blue, Cotton Candy, Ballerina & White Daisy cardstock
Crystal Blue, Juniper, Cotton Candy, Sorbet & Black ink
Black marker
ShinHan Touch Twin markers
Freshly Baked enamel shapes
My Crush Besties Assortment journaling card
Field Trip Puffy Thickers (American Crafts)
Color Kaleidoscope stickers (American Crafts)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: scalloped border
Cricut Design Space: cat & book stacks (I scanned the stamps and imported them into Design Space, then used them to make a cut file that I will be able to use any time I use these stamps, which could be often!)
Pattern: scraplift from Scrapbook.com (this really was my starting point, although I made lots of changes as I went along)

Challenges: Cut It Up #270 Love + a die-cut (this is probably not the type of love they had in mind, but I am an unashamed book lover, so that's where I went!)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yeay for you getting some more of your photos scrapped! Beautiful layout, and I think the "Love" of books works for our challenge. : ) Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Larelyn said...

Your interpretation of our LOVE challenge is perfect! We're choosing "broad" themes this year to encourage creativity in interpretation. I love your layout! Thanks for joining our Cut It Up LOVE challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)