Tuesday, January 10, 2023

EMS Sketch Challenge #106 + The Real Deal Layout

I remember crying the day my eldest son got on the bus to go to science camp. He struggles with extreme anxiety, so I was sure he would be terrified in this strange new environment. Turn out my fears were groundless, because he had a great time, and even brought back a bunch of photos on the disposable camera we bought him. I couldn't figure out what to do with this random selection of his facial expressions, so I decided to create a sketch, which I am now sharing with you! The photo sizes are just suggestions, so you can adapt it to whatever sizes work for your pictures, and the "white" space on the background can either be kept very simple or it's a great opportunity to show off one of those busy papers you're never quite sure how to use. As always, please post a link to your completed layout in the comments section so I can enjoy it!

The sketch:

My layout:

Recipe:
Fresh Air paper
Happy Trails Take a Hike paper (Simple Stories)
New England Ivy cardstock
Toffee ink
Burnt Sienna fineline pen (iBayam)
Jackson PML card
Fresh Air Complements die cuts
Circle Double Stitched steel die (Art Impressions)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh my word - how cute are those photos! I love this layout - all the heart eyes for that tree paper! This is a great sketch, too. I have printed it out and hope to use it soon.