Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Miscellaneous Happenings February 2017 Layout

Have you ever had the experience where you finish a project but don't get around to putting away some of your supplies, only to realize they would work beautifully for another project? That's what happened with the negative piece of black cardstock left over from my Crazy Sock Day layout. I had cut a large circle out of the middle of the cardstock and realized the negative piece would make a great frame for these random photos from February 2017. Score! The hearts and stars are also left over die cuts from my last layout, while the cloud, flowers, dragonfly, and banner die cuts were from my box of Cricut cuts, so double score on using up some stash!

Recipe:
I'd Rather Be Reading & He Said She Said stamp sets
Black, Paprika, Sundance, Capri, Hollyhock, Glacier, Blush, Cranberry & White Daisy cardstock
Black, Capri & Whisper ink
White gel pen (Sakura)
ShinHan Touch Twin markers
Simple Scrapbooks Everyday Moments pocket card (Scrapbook.com)
Freshly Baked & White enamel dots
Craft buttons
Mini flower punch (EK Success)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: banner, flowers, dragonfly
Cricut Artiste cartridge: clouds
Cricut Design Space: Red Ribbon Week image (stars, hearts), cat on books image
Challenges: Time Out Challenges #236 World Book Day (I was trying to remember what book I was reading in February 2017, so I checked and "London" by Edward Rutherfurd was the first of about 12 books I read to get ideas for places I wanted to visit on our trip to London in April 2017)

Inspiration Station #48 (since I had the picture of that funny looking cloud, I decided to add cloud die cuts to the top of the layout and flowers at the bottom)

2 comments:

Donna Walls said...

I love your interpretation of the photo and your memory page is full of love and fun! Thanks for playing along with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Casandra Bennett said...

That IS a lucky find! And such a creative way to use up something that would otherwise have gone to the scrap bin. :)