Thursday, April 6, 2023

One Awesome Kid Layout

This layout went through so many iterations that I lost count, but it looks nothing like what I originally had in mind. Can anyone relate? I had two random photos of my son that I wanted to scrap, so I chose a two photos sketch from Sketch-n-Scrap, but I decided not to use one of the photos because it was very dark. Instead I grabbed a pocket card and added it in place of one photo. I'm not sure I love the rainbow paper on here, but it had been in my stash for a while, so I am happy I used some of it.

Recipe:
Alphabet Solos "F", Friendship Word Puzzle, Kid Power, Notice the Details, Picture Perfect, Priceless Love Word Puzzle & This Happened stamp sets
Oh Happy Day papers (Simple Stories)
She's Magic paper (American Crafts)
Canary, Peacock & Pixie cardstock
Pixie, Juniper, Peacock & Black ink
Color Kaleidoscope stickers (American Crafts)
Field Trip Puffy Thickers (American Crafts)
Oh Happy Day chipboard stockers (Simple Stories)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: heart
Cricut Artbooking cartrdige: circle heart
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap #270

Challenges: Double Trouble #135 Roy G Biv (used rainbow paper and a rainbow of colors)

7 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the rainbow background paper - great idea to pair the bold colours with a dark photo. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Melanie Hungerford said...

Very nice page, the rainbow looks good! (and works for our challenge too! 😊) Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I love all the background papers you used, and nothing wrong with using rainbows for this photo... The colors used and the pocket card brightens up the layout for your darker image. Great layout. Thanks for sharing and joining Thing 1 and Roy for a rainbow color challenge.

Chris C said...

Love your creative title work and take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

Sura said...

What a fun layout! Love the rainbow background paper.
Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
Surama

Crafts in the Command Center said...

Fun! I don't think you can go wrong with rainbows so I love the paper! Great layout. Thanks for joining the challenge at Sketch n Scrap! Dorlene DT SNS

Joyce Ann said...

Fun layout with all the happy words!